4/12 Black River Victory


Finally I got some fish out of the black river, awesome! I started at day's dam and worked to the rapids, and again I stopped? Tomorrow or Wed I need to hike past the rapids. Anyway got nothing in my summer spots so I worked up river tossing rubber crawdads, Blue fox roosters, and some small cranks. I stumbled upon a hole right before the rapids with fish in it the first fish came out of nowhere and hit a crawdad (I still can't find the powerbait craw's). She was a nice fish, heavy, and a quick measure put her at 12"-13". I got a strike at the crawdad again, but missed it so I changed to a spinner. Got a hit right away and caught 2 more in the hole 1 lm and 2 sm. The second lm came in some what fast water and completely out of nowhere. I had casted the area 3+ times and nothing. all 4 fish were decent sizes all over 12". Overall a great day oh I saw an Eagle I really don't remember seeing them ever I'm glad there back!

No comments: